Friday, February 24, 2012

Miracles, Meetings and Mayhem!

Well the miracle that happened this week occurred on Wednesday night.  Chris and I wanted to go out to eat (which we usually save for date nights because are children are in a phase in which is not conducive restaurants unless they have a playground).  We decided to brave it because I did not want to cook.  We went to Logan's.  Well not only were the boys so well behaved but they ate great and we got a good deal.  Right now at Logan's Monday to Thursday they have like 15 entrees for 7.99 and all kids meals are 2.99.  My guys like the kids steak tips and it is quite a meal for 2.99!  I was so impressed with their behavior I praised them all the way home.  They sat nicely, talked quietly,  and only went to the bathroom once each. 

Meetings: Well we had a meeting with Cade's teacher this week.  It went better than I thought it would.  I have to say that some folks become teachers.   Some folks are born/called to teach.  Cade's teacher this year is one of the later.  She really cares about her students and totally gets that some kids learn differently than other and wants to help them all learn.  We are truly blessed that Cade has her this year.   I hope she goes home at night and realizes what a good job she does each and everyday and out there is a little family that thanks the Lord often that she is making an impression on their child. 

Mayhem...Lets talk three year olds...  Evan is a whirlwind and you never quiet know who you are going to meet.  Dr Jekyll the calm happy go lucky fella or Mr. Hyde who you would swears head is going to start spinning around and around.  He has had breakdowns this week about not getting to take his own pj's off, having to get out of the bathtub before all the water has drained out, a broken donut, that I peeled his banana for him or that I did not peel his banana for him just to name a few.  He also has decided he no longer likes kisses and will wipe any you bestow on him off and say that's okay I wiped it off ... that yucky kiss.   He told me tonight at bedtime that he had to go to timeout at school today so I asked him why especially since he does not have to go to timeout very often.  He said it was for spitting.  I replied well you should have gone to timeout spitting is not acceptable... He did not like that answer and gave me his pouty face.  Then moved on when it was time to read his book choice Crocs, Snakes and other Reptiles.  I don't think there are many three year olds out there that know what a Gila Monster is or that a Horned Toad is not really a toad at all but is a lizard that can shoot blood from its eyes when you pick it up!

Cade has had a great week.  His class earned 100 gold coins and got to pick something to do for their special day.  His class picked having an electronics day.  So today he got to take his DS to school.  We are really working on math and have a sign on now for a math web site the school sponsors.  It is quite the site.  I wish we had something like that when I was a kid would have made it a lot more fun.  I know Cade understands way more about computers than I did at that age.  I foresee a future in which there are at least 3 laptops in our house one for Chris and I and the boys each will want one I am sure.

TGIF.  Chris and I have a date tomorrow night.  We are going to a hockey game.  It will be very fun.  I hope there is a good fight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment